Choices are fairly limited, especially with the systematic removal of most vending on campus. Here is a list of at least somewhat edible:
Off campus Edit
The Coffeeline Edit
- M-F 8am-3pm, S-S 9am-noon
- Inside the YMCA at the corner of Seaview and University
- Great breakfast and lunch fare including eggs, big sandwiches, lasagne, smoothies, soups, salads, etc.
- Good strong coffee and lots of other beverages
- Excellent ambiance, reading material, usually can get wi-fi from the neighborhood, great to study or meet up
- dunno the hours
- on Wai'alae Ave. across from Goodwill and next to BC Burrito
- good caffeine
- colorful characters
- I sat down and contemplated my life.
University and King Edit
- Magoos - forget the food, but (mostly) cheap beer, huge variety, large pitchers, Newcastle Brown, $10/pitcher
- Eastside Grill - overpriced mostly tasteless food, exception is prime rib on Tuesdays - pricey beer
- Red Lion - mostly tasteless food but decent (somewhat smaller) pitchers, some variety - Guinness and Bass, $8.50/pitcher
- Greek Corner Cafe - decent greek food. somewhat overpriced.
- Curry House - clean environment, good curry. somewhat too corporate.
- India House - excellent South Indian cuisine! a bit overpriced, but definitely worth the price and experience
- Spices -Fresh ingredients, beautiful presentation, and a relaxed atmosphere. A bit overpriced, but definitely a place that needs to be visited at least once while your at UH
- Kokua Market -fresh and organic ingredients. Great price and friendly people.
Campus Center Edit
First floor Edit
- Taco Hell
- "Normal" Taco Bell
- Hot dog vendor outside, very crabby person, not bad dog
- Pizza Hut express
Second floor Edit
- Cafeteria with Yummy's, sushi to go, grill, plate lunches, something similar to Panda Express
- Jamba Juice (smoothies) - almost same as all other Jamba Juice's
- Does not accept Jamba Cards, does accept credit/debit and meal plan.
- Starbucks (some sandwiches and muffins) -- not really Starbucks but serves their coffee, doesn't take Starbux cards
- Subway - normal Subway, does not accept meal plans.
Hemenway Student Union Edit
- Baile (formerly Manoa Gardens, and still widely known by that name)
- Decent sandwiches, Pho, some fried snacks, beers & mixed drinks, food and beverages until around 8pm
- What's up with no chips all tha time?
Shidler College of Business Edit
- Coffee and sandwich kiosk, not open much past 6pm
Kuykendall "Cube" (between KUY, GEO, and SAK)
- Hare Krishna food
- Ono Pono (organic foods bagels burritos etc.) -- recently closed, what is there now?
- Local Food: Cheap, give plenny,and taste good. Get all kine foods: pork adobo, beef teriyaki, beef steak, chow fun, beef stew...
POST building (the one with the turquoise windows)
- Golden River Catering/ Lunch Truck
- Local Food: Cheap and taste good. Get one bento box for $5: spam, teri beef, fried chicken, one scoop rice, and a drink (all for $5).
- Aloha cafeteria
- Cafe is littered with tasteless and unhealthy food. Attempts to make healthy food are rushed. You leave here with a sense that this buffet will only result in a horrific case of diarrhea or early stages of hypertension and diabetes
- Convenience store (hours?) -- usually open till midnight.