Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Choices are fairly limited, especially with the systematic removal of most vending on campus. Here is a list of at least somewhat edible:
Off campus Edit
The Coffeeline Edit
- M-F 8am-3pm, S-S 9am-noon
- Inside the YMCA at the corner of Seaview and University
- Great breakfast and lunch fare including eggs, big sandwiches, lasagne, smoothies, soups, salads, etc.
- Good strong coffee and lots of other beverages
- Excellent ambiance, reading material, usually can get wi-fi from the neighborhood, great to study or meet up
- dunno the hours
- on Wai'alae Ave. across from Goodwill and next to BC Burrito
- good caffeine
- colorful characters
- I sat down and contemplated my life.
University and King Edit
- Magoos - forget the food, but (mostly) cheap beer, huge variety, large pitchers, Newcastle Brown, $10/pitcher
- Eastside Grill - overpriced mostly tasteless food, exception is prime rib on Tuesdays - pricey beer
- Red Lion - mostly tasteless food but decent (somewhat smaller) pitchers, some variety - Guinness and Bass, $8.50/pitcher
- Greek Corner Cafe - decent greek food. somewhat overpriced.
- Curry House - clean environment, good curry. somewhat too corporate.
- India House - excellent South Indian cuisine! a bit overpriced, but definitely worth the price and experience
- Spices -Fresh ingredients, beautiful presentation, and a relaxed atmosphere. A bit overpriced, but definitely a place that needs to be visited at least once while your at UH
- Kokua Market -fresh and organic ingredients. Great price and friendly people.
Campus Center Edit
First floor Edit
- Taco Hell
- "Normal" Taco Bell
- Hot dog vendor outside, very crabby person, not bad dog
- Pizza Hut express
Second floor Edit
- Cafeteria with Yummy's, sushi to go, grill, plate lunches, something similar to Panda Express
- Jamba Juice (smoothies) - almost same as all other Jamba Juice's
- Does not accept Jamba Cards, does accept credit/debit and meal plan.
- Starbucks (some sandwiches and muffins) -- not really Starbucks but serves their coffee, doesn't take Starbux cards
- Subway - normal Subway, does not accept meal plans.
Hemenway Student Union Edit
- Baile (formerly Manoa Gardens, and still widely known by that name)
- Decent sandwiches, Pho, some fried snacks, beers & mixed drinks, food and beverages until around 8pm
- What's up with no chips all tha time?
Shidler College of Business Edit
- Coffee and sandwich kiosk, not open much past 6pm
Kuykendall "Cube" (between KUY, GEO, and SAK)
- Hare Krishna food
- Ono Pono (organic foods bagels burritos etc.) -- recently closed, what is there now?
- Local Food: Cheap, give plenny,and taste good. Get all kine foods: pork adobo, beef teriyaki, beef steak, chow fun, beef stew...
POST building (the one with the turquoise windows)
- Golden River Catering/ Lunch Truck
- Local Food: Cheap and taste good. Get one bento box for $5: spam, teri beef, fried chicken, one scoop rice, and a drink (all for $5).
- Aloha cafeteria
- Cafe is littered with tasteless and unhealthy food. Attempts to make healthy food are rushed. You leave here with a sense that this buffet will only result in a horrific case of diarrhea or early stages of hypertension and diabetes
- Convenience store (hours?) -- usually open till midnight.