Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Wikia is for all UCLA School of Dentistry students to inform, share, and contribute. Editing help
- Sept. 25, Monday - Instruction and clinic begin
- Oct. 30-Nov. 3 1st year midterm exams
- Oct. 30-Nov. 1 2nd year midterm exams
- Nov. 10, Friday - Veterans Day Holiday
- Nov. 23-24 Thanksgiving Holiday
- Dec. 8, Friday Instruction and clinic end
- Dec. 11-15 Final exams
- General Clinic
- Venice Clinic
- Health Fairs
- Instructions: Dress comfortably (preferably in scrubs), no shorts or open-toed shoes. Bring your safety glasses and Medical Center ID badges. Please arrive on time (this means 8:00AM) to help set up.
- Lunch will be provided
- Maps with driving directions from UCLA will be available outside of Dr. Vladimir Spolsky's office (CHS 63-014).
- School Visits
- Common Ground
- Dental and other services homeless teenagers and kids in their early 20s at Santa Monica. Pre-dents set-up and break-down. Take patient histories, perform oral screenings, clean teeth, and place sealants.
- 2nd and 4th Tuesday night of each month from 6:00-9:30
- Mobile Clinic
- contact Kaitlyn email@example.com
- Remember to take the USC HIPPAA Privacy Exam!
Study Clubs Edit
Please add information about upcoming meeting agendas, leadership, and summaries.
- UCLA Orthodontic Study Club
- President: DT Fields; Faculty Advisor: Dr. Neal C. Murphy
- UCLA Pedo Study Club
- UCLA Periodontics Study Club
- UCLA Practice Management Club
- Relationship-based dentistry articles from In a Spirit of Caring
- Consent forms from the Dentists Professional Liability Trust of Colorado
- UCLA Student Research Group
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), Pacific Division held it's 2006 meeting in San Diego from June 18-22.
- Next meeting: ...
Dental Gear Edit
- For color code tape or rings to ID your instruments go to Practicon. For dental-themed gifts also try Open Please.
- Please use a permenant marker, paint pen, or a bur in your high-speed to mark everything you own.
Things to do around UCLAEdit
- BruinFood.com UCLA student restaurant reviews
- UCLA Campus: UCLA Happenings | ASUCLA Campus Events
- LA Times Calendar Live art, museums, events, music, movies
- LA.com Dining, nightlife, shopping & spas, events, attractions
- City Guide music, nightlife, restaurants, movies, events, museums
- Westwood parking: PCI Parking Lot on Broxton Avenue between Weyburn and Kinross Avenues. During the day, your first hour is free. After 6pm the flat rate is just $2.
External Links Edit
- UCLA Academic Links
- Official UCLA School of Dentistry Website
- 2005-2006 Academic Calendar by Quarter
- Curriculum Calendar
- UCLA BioMed Library
- Professional Organizations
Join as a student at reduced membership dues
- International & American Association for Dental Research $30.00
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry $20.00 per year
- Academy of General Dentistry $15.00 per year
- Contact Dr. Robert E. Garfield, DDS who is the Executive Director of the local Socal AGD (SCAGD) at 310-471-4916 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dental Forums
- SDN Student Doctor Network Dental Forums
- genR8TNext Dental Forum
- Dentaltown Message Board
- Usenet sci.med.dentistry
- Continuing Education