Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
'Algebra 2 Honors Syllabus'
The focus this year is on diligence. In I Timothy it says, “Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.” I Timothy 4:15, 16
Students need to be prepared to work diligently in their study of Algebra. There will be help sessions that may be required if the student is not meeting the necessary standards. My goal this year is to equip the students with all the skills they need to succeed in math, as well as cover the complete QCC objectives for the course. This will be and Advanced class; therefore students will be challenged will upper-level concepts.
(These supplies should be on hand every day a penalty will be assessed for failure to do so!)
- 1” Loose leaf notebook
- Notebook dividers (4 sections: Homework, Daily Grades, Test, and Notes and graph paper)
- Loose leaf notebook paper (college ruled)
- TI – 83 Plus or better Graphing Calculator (by September )
- Pens one black ink and one blue ink (The student should always have both in class.)
- 50 sheets of graph paper
Failure to have any of the preceeding in class may result in a grade penalty
Grades Determined as Follows
- Tests – 55%
- Quizzes – 20%
- Homework– 15%
- Daily grades: Five minute drills – 5%
- Notebook - 5%
Break down of ExpectationsEdit
- Tests: Test will be given periodically to assess the students learning of the math concepts. (TEST & QUIZ GRADES)
- Lesson Quizzes: Quizzes are yet another opportunity to assess students understanding of the lesson concepts. (TEST & QUIZ GRADES)
- Homework: Homework will be given generally every night with the exception being the night before a test. However, there will be exceptions to this rule. Homework will be checked and taken up sporadically; Students should complete homework to receive full credit. You will be given ample time to start homework during class time. (HOMEWORK GRADE)
- Five Minute drills: Please Note: A short five-minute quiz will be given periodically. Students should remember to review the previous day’s topics before each class. (DAILY GRADE)
- Notebooks: Notebooks will be graded the last full school day of the quarter. Students should prepare notebooks in the following fashion to receive full credit: four divided sections including (1)returned homework, (2) Returned daily grades such as five minute drills, (3) Returned tests and quizzes, and finally (4)notes taken during class including any review sheets and practice work. Place this syllabus in the notebook as well.
Scope and Sequence of CourseEdit
- Chapter 1 Models, Functions, and Permutations
- Chapter 2 Linear Relationships and Functions
- Chapter 3 Matrices
- Chapter 4 Linear Systems
- Chapter 5 Quadratic Equations and Functions
- Chapter 6 Polynomials and Polynomial Functions
- Chapter 7 Exponentioal and Logarithmic Functions
- Chapter 8 Rational Functions
- Chapter 9 Periodic Functions and Trigonometry
- Chapter 10 Quadratic Relations
- Chapter 11 More Probability and Statistics
- Chapter 12 Sequences and Series