Anatomy & Physiology 2008-2009
Mrs. Dee Gess
This course is designed to introduce the student to the study the human body. We will be using the text, Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology by Elaine N. Marieb. Please see the class Scope and Sequence for a list of topics.
- Students will be responsible for any material missed because of absences, whether field trip, sporting event, illness, etc. It is in the student’s best interest to set up a time to meet with me to cover the missed material.
- Attendance on lab days is extremely important. Labs are unable to be made up due to perishable materials and time constraints. At my discretion, the student may be required to do an alternate assignment related to the subject matter. Unexcused absences on lab days will result in a zero for the lab.
- Students will learn to use their text as a study tool and become proficient in reading for pertinent information, as well as taking notes. It is within the student’s best interest to read the text prior to lecture.
- Students should review notes daily and ask questions immediately if needed before we move on. Students should also work steadily on chapter objectives, key terms, and workbook pages. These will be due on test days.
- Students should come to class prepared and on time. Class will start when the bell rings. You will be responsible for checking the board for daily openers that will be due within the first 5 minutes of class.
- All assignments should be completed on time or will receive a penalty. Class time will be much more beneficial to you if you have prepared adequately ahead of time. If there are any extenuating circumstances preventing your completion talk with me before the due date.
- All work turned in must be your best work with complete thoughts. I will not accept incomplete or messy work.
- Students are responsible for listening in class and checking the web for assignments.
- Tests 50%
- Quizzes, Labs, & Activities 30% - all quizzes will be announced, adequate time to complete lab reports and activities will be given
- Daily 20% - consists of homework, in class and out of class assignments, as well as participation during class and labs
- Three-ring binder
- Dividers (optional to organize chapters)
- Notebook paper
- Pencils and blue/black pens
- Colored pencils (need 18 + colors)
- Plenty of index cards
- Plastic sandwich bags to store index cards
- At least one permanent marker
- Text book cover
- Access to a computer and printer
You will need the following in class everyday along with the supplies above:
- Test day folder (provided)
Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 7:30, Monday through Thursday from 3-3:30. Other times available upon request. Please make arrangements with me ahead of time so I can make sure I am in my room. I prefer for you to write in your “appointment” in the designated calendar.
|ELCA SENIOR CLASSES||Main Page||A.P. English • A.P. Biology • A.P. Calculus • A.P. Chemistry • A.P. Government • A.P. Spanish||Honors English • Honors Physics • Honors Spanish III||Algebra III • Anatomy • English 12 • Bible Worldviews • Political Science|